Business Analysis Fundamentals/*
Business Analysis Fundamentals
|Please contact us if you would like to set up a customized Lean/Agile training course in your city or at your corporate site.|
Duration: 2 or 3 days
Description: Are you a new business analyst looking for ways to develop your business analysis and requirements gathering skills? Or, are you an experienced business analyst looking to increase your business analysis skills? Look no further than RefineM’s Business Analysis Fundamentals course.
RefineM’s 3-day Business Analysis Fundamentals course introduces you to critical topics in business analysis. You will learn how to gather and elicit requirements in a traditional PM environment, and will receive an overview of how to gather / elicit requirements in an Agile environment. You will learn how to verify requirements, identify gaps, and provide solutions. You will leave the course with the foundation to proceed further in your business analysis career.
Course Objectives: After completing the course, you will be able to
- Understand the business analyst role, tasks and deliverables.
- Learn the requirements life cycle when using the Waterfall development approach.
- Learn Agile Requirements Management.
- Understand various elicitation techniques.
- Elicit the appropriate requirements.
- Write “good” requirements and user stories.
- Document business requirements by writing them clearly and concisely.
- Use simple templates for writing good requirements in a Requirements Definition Document.
- Improve project success by better defining requirements that meet business needs.
- Avoid rework by discovering/developing requirements correctly the first time.
- Reduce gaps in understanding requirements by properly validating and verifying requirements.
- Communicate and present the appropriate requirements to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Understand the BA role in User Acceptance Testing.
Who Should Attend: This course is designed for new business analysts with some business experience or background, or experienced business analysts looking to increase their skills.
PDUs: 7 PDUs / Contact Hours per day of instruction (Strategic: 0, Leadership: 0, Technical: 7)
Course Delivery: Variable
Course Material: RefineM will prepare and provide the necessary training course material for all attendees.
About RefineM's Instructors: The instructors at RefineM are experienced and certified in project management and Agile and bring real-world experience to their instruction. Our instructors not only teach concepts, we also provide insights and hands-on experience. And we don’t waste time. Our Lean/Agile training is focused and hard-hitting. We offer practical targeted Lean/Agile training in just the key topics that will make the most impact.
Contact us about future dates or to arrange for this training to be delivered in your organization or city.