Agile for Waterfall and Operational Work
When: Multiple Dates
Earn: 7 PDUs / SEUs / Contact Hours
Aug 24, Over the Web REGISTER
Description: Do you wonder if Agile can be used in waterfall projects or operational work? Did you know that several Agile practices can be used in any environment, in addition to software development? You may be amazed that by using Agile practices you can not only solve business problems and increase efficiency, but also build capability to respond to changes happening within and outside the organization and thus improve your agility.
Despite its beginnings in software development, in reality, Agile is industry-agnostic. It can be used in any industry including healthcare, manufacturing, supply chain, travel, education and more. Irrespective of whether you are working on projects or are involved in operations, you can benefit from Agile practices in both scenarios. If implemented correctly, a few Agile practices can help you increase your project and operational efficiency by 15-40% in just 4-8 weeks.
In this course, attendees will learn multiple Agile practices such as backlog management, daily standups, retrospectives, visualizing work using Kanban boards, limiting work in progress, and more. They will explore how these practices can be implemented in their environment, regardless of what industry they are in. The instructor will share the real-world experiences to allow attendees to relate to their current projects and/or operational work.
Course Objectives: After completing the course, you will
- Have a better understanding of 8-10 key Agile practices that can be applied in any environment.
- Get clear ideas to start implementing some of these practices right away.
- Learn how to demonstrate improvements in project delivery and/or operational efficiency.
Who Should Attend: This course is ideal for
- People in leadership or management roles, such as project leads, project managers, program managers, operations managers, product managers, sales managers, and HR managers looking to improve efficiency in project delivery and/or operations.
- Anyone who is looking for ways to implement Agile without making significant organizational changes and allocating a lot of additional budget and resources.
- Anyone involved in projects or operational work in any industry.
PDUs: 7 PDUs / SEUs / Contact Hours (Strategic: 2, Leadership: 2, Technical: 3)
Course Delivery: 1 full day from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM in-person and over the Web.
Course Material: RefineM will prepare and provide the necessary training course material for all attendees.
About RefineM's Instructors: NK Shrivastava, PMP, PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP, CSP, SPC4, will deliver this course. NK is lead instructor and CEO at RefineM and is an experienced and certified Enterprise Agile Coach with over 10 years of experience in Agile, including coaching for a Fortune 50 technology company. View NK's profile on LinkedIn.
RefineM’s lead instructor has delivered this course multiple times over the last 2 years. Each course has been received extremely well, with learning tied to real work, and attendees have been able to implement concepts immediately following the class.
Cancellation Policy: Please refer to RefineM's Training Policies.